Donate to Charities in Charlotte, Columbus & Throughout the Carolinas & Ohio
When you donate to charities like National Kidney Services, your gifts of used clothing and household items can go a long way in fighting the battle against kidney disease. In fact, the proceeds generated from your donations are donated directly to the National Kidney Foundation, which is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit health organization that has been awarded a Four-Star rating from Charity Navigator and a Wise Giving Alliance Charity Seal from the Better Business Bureau.
It’s important to know exactly where your charitable gifts are going when you donate to charities, so here’s some more information about the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) and why its work is so instrumental in helping kidney disease patients and others touched by this epidemic.
- More than 79 cents of every dollar donated to NKF goes directly to supporting its programs and services.
- NKF enhances public awareness about kidney disease and the possibility of early detection through the “Love Your Kidneys” campaign.
- Over the past 40 years, NKF has awarded more than $80 million in grants to kidney disease research projects.
- A campaign to promote organ donation, called “END THE WAIT!” strives to show people how important it is to become organ donors and save lives.
- Through Congress and state legislatures, NKF tirelessly advocates on behalf of transplant recipients, kidney patients, living donors, and donor families.
Donate to charities like National Kidney Services and the National Kidney Foundation by simply going through the gently used items in your closet, basement, garage, attic, book shelf, and kitchen cabinets. We gladly welcome all clothes, small appliances, furniture, electrical items, tableware, glassware, linens, books, miscellaneous decorative items, and much more. Contact us to find out more about where to donate and how to donate. Remember that anything you can give will make a much-needed difference. Don’t hesitate – donate today.